ATTORNEY AT LAW – Mediator
After more than 30 years of practice in litigation and consulting in commercial and intellectual property law and new technologies, Anne Messas, Managing Partner, has added a new string to her bow: mediation and has created the TAoMA Mediation department.
With her long experience of litigation, and after years of practising non-violent communication (NVC), she knows that mediation is a powerful process that works at the source of the conflict, to give people back their power.
She accompanies individuals, partners of companies or firms, and businesses in the search for agreements and solutions, using tools such as NVC, Harvard’s principled negotiation, and the precepts of the Center for Understanding in Conflict.
She helps the parties to preserve what is the very essence of business life: the autonomy of the will, the law of the parties.
Anne Messas also heads the New Technologies and Data Protection Law department of TAoMA Partners. She co-manages the Trademarks department.
She brings a transversal and strategic vision to all of the firm’s other areas of activity, and in particular to the Trademark and Distinctive Signs Law Department.
She is active in all economic sectors, including banking and insurance, communication and marketing, fashion, publishing, the press, IT, art and the gas industry.
She regularly runs training courses to help her clients acquire reflexes and gain autonomy, both on trademark law, rules applicable to commercial activity on the Internet, as well as on the protection of personal data, and assistance in complying with the RGPD
She is a member of the Association des Praticiens du Droit des Marques et des Modèles (APRAM), the Association Française de droit de l’informatique et de la télécommunication (AFDIT) and the Association des Correspondants à la Protection des Données (AFCDP).
She is also a member of the National Association of Mediators (ANM) and of the Center for Understanding in Conflict (CUC).
AREA OF FOCUS
- Company’s distinctive signs (trademarks, trade name, corporate name, domain name)
- Design rights
- Personal data protection
- Commercial law and E-commerce
- Competition law, distribution rights, consumer protection
- Mediation between individuals and between companies, mediation of partners
- French, English
- Strasbourg’s Bar Admission, 1989 – Paris’ Bar 1991
- CAPA 1989
- DEA Private Law – Master Degree In Private Law option Judiciary career, Robert Schumann University 1982-1987
- Certificate of English Legal Terminology
- Personal data protection law – IT law – Data Protection Officer – National Conservatory of Arts and Crafts CNAM – 2017
- DU1 Theoretical and practical knowledge of mediation. IFOMENE – 2020
- Certificate of Specialization WIPO ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION PROCEDURES WIPO-Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization WIPO – 2020
- University Diploma Mediation DU1 Theoretical and practical knowledge of mediation. IFOMENE – 2020
- Institut Emergence – Mediators with the NVC process– Cycles 1 and 2 2020 /2021