INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEY – EUROPEAN TRADEMARK AND DESIGN ATTORNEY
Jean-Charles NICOLLET, Partner, co-leads the Trademak and the Design Departments.
He has been specialized in intellectual property since 2008, French and European Trademark & Design Attorney since 2012.
In 2018, he joined TAoMA Partners to take the head of the Legal Department, after working for more than 9 years in two of the largest French patent & trademark attorneys firms. In January 2022, he became a partner of TAoMA Partners.
He assists clients, both small, medium-sized businesses and major accounts, in many areas of business advisory. He provides customers with support on pre-litigation and litigation, in particular on issues related to trademarks, designs, copyrights and copyright, defense of trademark rights worldwide. He is also specialized in vinicultural brands.
Drawing on his experience, he supports entrepreneurs as well as small and medium-sized companies and large groups in management, to defend their intellectual property rights by adapting to their needs from a pragmatic, marketing and financial point of view.
He is also the Chairman of the Communication Commission at the French Patent & Trademark Attorney Institute (CNCPI) since January 2017, an active member of the Association of Trademark and Design Law Practitioners (APRAM) and the International Wine Law Association (IWLA).
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Distinctive signs law (trademarks, trade names, corporate names, domain names)
- Vinicultural Trademark law
- Design Law
- Contracts pertaining to intellectual property
- Unfair and parasitic competition law
- French and English
- Communication system and brand strategy in the digital age at Sciences Po
- Master 2 “Intellectual Property Law” at the University Jean Moulin Lyon III
- Master 1 “Business Law” at the University Jean Moulin Lyon III